20 Random Facts About Me.
In starting this journey into writing, I thought I’d share a few random facts about myself so that you, my reader and friend, can get to know me better. I would love to hear some randomly zany facts about you in the comments below!
Let’s get to it.
- I only wear wigs. After numerous surgeries, stress and wearing wigs for productions I've been in, my “real” hair is kind of shot. So instead of spending an hour on my hair in the morning, only to put it up in a ponytail, I wear a wig. They are super fun ways to boost your self-confidence and I can literally get ready every morning in less than ten minutes.
- One of my favorite movies is The Shawshank Redemption. “Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies. – Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption.
- My favorite musical of all time is by far Les Miserables. If you haven’t seen it. GO! At least watch the movie. If you haven’t read the original work by Victor Hugo go read it. It is life-changing!
- My son's nickname is Pants. When I was 6 weeks pregnant, my sister looked at my stomach and whispered: “I love you Pants”. The name took. So today, this six-year-old is known as Pants, Mr. Pants, Dancin’ Pants, Pickle Pants, Grumpy Pants, Happy Pants and whatever crazy thing we think of!
- My nickname is part of the inspiration behind the title of my blog. BEE has been my nickname since I was a child. Given to me by my dad, I’ve always been Bee.
- People think my favorite color is purple. It really isn’t. I mean, I like purple, but it isn’t my favorite at all. Just a special color shared between me and a friend of mine. My real favorite color is black (for clothes) and navy blue for everything else.
- I have a degree in Music Education from Hofstra University and taught in the public schools for many years.
- I am Italian. Random, but oh so important! HA!
- I am a songwriter and a playwright. I've written over a hundred songs for Worship, and over thirty different plays and musicals.
- I make my own face care and beauty creams using all-natural ingredients. I love essential oils.
- My favorite TV shows would be Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman (Sully! Ahhh), Friends, Frasier, and The Golden Girls.
- My favorite meal of all-time is a good Caprese salad. Fresh heirloom tomatoes, basil, fresh mozzarella and a really good olive oil sprinkled with sea salt. Ahhhhh!
- I have lost over 155 pounds in the past years. With about 30 more to go, it is an accomplishment I am proud of.
- I own a non-profit community theatre.
- I have an addiction to adult coloring and coloring books. I have forbid myself from buying another coloring book until I get through half of the stash I have. It is the most relaxing hobby and I admit; I am addicted. And don't get me started on the pens, the markers, the pencils . . .
- I am the oldest of three. My brother is next and my sister is the baby.
- I have a Maltese named Cinderella who is neurotic and probably needs Prozac.
- I have been playing the piano since I am five years old. Over 30 years at that instrument and it is still my favorite place to be.
- I’ve sung in Carnegie Hall . . . twice.
- Every once in a while, my New York comes out - accent and all which then correlates with the Italian in me and thus, I become a loud New Yorker! Fuhgettaboutit :)
There you go. Twenty completely random facts about myself that I hope give you a look into my life. Now it's your turn. List some zany-random facts in the comments below and let's get to know each other!